St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner and I’m looking forward to hosting a fun craft party with friends! The plan is to enjoy some good company, drinks, food, and a fun project. We’re hosting the party at a charming local boutique, so there will be some good shopping as well!
The party is also a good occasion to let my friends know how much I appreciate them, so I’ve created some fun party favors. One of my favorite things to share with them are these Friendship Blessing Tags I’ve whipped up some quick and easy crochet shamrocks and paired them with a handwritten message. I plan to clip the tags to some good chocolate candy (gotta do that for good friends). I can’t wait to share these! Here are the instructions to make your own favors to share with your friends, too.
Friendship Blessing Tag Instructions
- Scraps of green cotton yarn. We used I Love This Cotton Yarn in green and made a dozen shamrocks with 1 ounce of yarn.
- Size G crochet hook.
- Burlap gift tag. We found these pre-made in the paper crafting sections at a couple of our local craft stores.
- Small clothes pins.
- Hot glue gun.
- Message tag created from scrap paper, cut ½” wide x 4”
- Green fine point permanent marker.
You can download the Shamrock Crochet Clip pattern here.
Assembling the Tag
- Cut strips of paper 1/2″ wide x 4″ long. Cut
- a triangle in the ends of your white message tags to create a fishtail ribbon edge.
- Write blessings or inspirational messages you want to share with your friends on the tags. Here are a few blessings we used:
- A friend like you is a blessing.
- May your blessings be more.
- May your troubles be less.
- May love and laughter always light your way.
- May the road rise up to meet you.
- May the wind always be at your back.
You are also welcome to write your own messages to your friends.
3. Place the message tag on top of the burlap tag and clip with the shamrock clip.
And that’s it! A super easy party favor! If you don’t crochet, you can also glue felt shamrocks to the mini clothes pins or felt themed stickers found at your local craft store. Hopefully, you will enjoy making this fun project and sharing them with the friends that bless your life, too!